Monday 14 October 2013

The plasterboard has begun....

The brickies may be slacking off (as evidenced by the severe lack of brickwork completed today - ie. NONE) but things are continuing to move along, with around 80% of our ceiling gyprock installed today. Given the speed with which they have moved today, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the gyprock was completed by the end of the week. However I am starting to learn that building sites are very unpredictable with timeframes so I'm not going to hold my breath.

I also received verbal confirmation that we are to receive a $2,500 credit back for our "incorrectly estimated" earthworks - definitely the win of the day!

Master bedroom

Looking in to our Ensuite

Down the hall towards the Kids TV Area

Dining & Living areas

Kitchen

Kids TV Area

The view from the front door

Kitchen & Dining

Metal battens used in the front porch - also used in our living areas that have "square-set" cornice work

The "mountain" of gyprock has diminished quite substantially

5 comments:

  1. Hi BandK,

    We are thinking of building the Retreat Nouveau Q1 with the urban facade. Your blog is so inspiring! It's refreshing to know that Plantation Homes is a great choice, as I've come across a few unresponsive project builders. Looking forward to seeing the completion of your home! Thanks for advising what landscaper not to go with as I have yet to even consider that, I will take note though. Happy building! Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia - if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Glad you like the blog!

      Delete
    2. Hi BandK, I was wondering what brand of insulation they use and are you also installing interior wall insulation? I have been looking at Bradford gold batts, and I'm aware sarking is an additional cost. Many thanks Julia

      Delete
    3. Hi Julia, not sure of the brand. External wall insulation and sarking was included in our contract price. We are not doing internal wall insulation - not a lot of point given they are inside the house.

      Delete