Sunday 25 August 2013

Not long now until the building begins

I finally got a call from Plantation on Thursday afternoon, confirming that our file had been handed over to the Construction Team and that our Site Supervisor had been allocated. Although we have not been given a definitive start date yet, I was told that our Site Supervisor would call me by Tuesday afternoon - and that he would be able to give me a confirmed start date for the earthworks. So another few "impatient" days to wait until we get a start date.

Unfortunately we were held up by our discontinued feature tile to the Bathroom & Powder Room, and combined with the Brisbane Ekka Public Holiday last Wednesday, we were unable to confirm our replacement tile and sign off on the appropriate Post Contract Variation until Monday. This meant our file couldn't be handed over until Wednesday at the earliest. But hopefully the weather stays fine and they can make up some time on the build.

We have been "quoted" 4 months (ie. 16 weeks) and if the build starts in the first week of September (as I expect it won't be this coming week), then it cuts us very fine to a pre-Christmas completion. But we do have an excellent Site Supervisor (or so I have been told) - Travis is the Site Supervisor Plantation use for their display homes......given their display homes look very nice, I am hoping this is a good thing!

Hopefully I will have another update later in the week with a start date.

No comments:

Post a Comment